Monday, July 13, 2015

Loving the connection between Ezekial's dry bones reference in The Art of Losing Yourself

The Art of Losing Yourself by Katie Ganshert was provided to me free of charge for my honest opinion.  This book was a pleasant easy to read book.  It was at times slightly predictable but it also dealt with some pertinent issues in today's society.  I enjoyed every moment I could escape with this book and just relax.  There are two main characters, Carmen and Gracie, who are half sisters that have been apart for many years.  They are both going through some difficult issues in their lives.  Carmen with infertility and Gracie living with her alcoholic mother.  I loved that the author, Katie based the book on a Bible reference in Ezekiel about the dry bones.  Both of the main characters were dealing with a time in their life where they felt their life was
just dry bones.  An additional issue that I really appreciated being brought into the story is Carmen's issue of her social media self and depicting one self as somebody other than who she really was.  I think many woman today are going through this same struggle with the social media so I really loved the way Katie dealt with this in the story.  I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to any one who wants a enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment