Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A Treasure of the Nile Historical Fiction

I had the opportunity to read The Pharaoh's Daughter by Mesu Andrews.  This book fascinated me as a historical fiction.  I would never say I love History but this book made it come alive for me.  I loved that Mesu took a few verses out of the Old Testament and wove a beautiful story around them.  I caught myself a few different times opening my Bible to see if the verse was really there.  It was obvious the author had done her research as to the time period of Moses' birth.  The only negative I have is that I did get confused by so many characters.  I occasionally would have to page back to the front of the book where there was a family tree of sorts. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.  I was provided a free book for my honest review by Blogging for Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment